IIT’s are the most prestigious institutes in our country. Every engineering aspirant might have thought about this at least once. It’s more than just a college, its an experience worth having. From smart ideas, hardworking brains, sophisticated infra and highly educated professors. All this coupled with all your friends under one roof, it will create magic, won’t it?
A recent order has also been passed by the government of India to increase the student strength in all the 23 IITs. Click here, to know more about this news.
However as exciting as it sounds, it is more difficult done than said. There are million of students who appear for JEE Advanced exam and a few students are shortlisted. Hence, it requires a lot of dedicated efforts and disciplined timeline. Believe us, it is not difficult, the only difficult part is the sacrifice you need to make and the temporary deliberate efforts you need to take.
Here are a few things that you need to take care of to crack your JEE Advanced Exams.
Very first step – wait and think, what do you want?
Do you want to crack JEE or do you want to crack JEE with top rank. Both are two different things, decide what you want.Be confident and you will get it.
Be practical and decide can you clear JEE yourself? if not then join coaching classes. They will give you proper guidance. You can also try mix and match, It’s a good idea to take tuitions for subjects you feel you need more help. Coaching gives you a systematic approach for your preparation. Coaching center organize mock test, which prepare students for exam day.
Strategy to crack JEE:
Though there is not any particular strategy that works with each aspirant, but below points may help you in preparing your own strategy.
- Solve numerical problems as many as possible – At least try to solve 60 problems from day 1 including PCM.
- Always note down your mistakes otherwise you will always repeat them
- Make a target for every day and try to achieve that, never compromise with your own target.
- Develop a subject-wise strategy, spend more time with difficult subject
- Fight until exam ends – Give your best till end, anytime don’t feel ‘enough, I can’t do it’. If you think this even for a sec, it will get back to you zero.
- Target the difficult parts of the syllabus first and prepare them along with concise, crisp, easy-to-look up notes.
- Analyze previous year paper pattern and plan your study accordingly.
If you are more keen to BITS, another premiere Institute for Engineering; you must crack BITSAT. It is a Computer based online test for Admission to Integrated First Degree Programmes of BITS Pilani Campuses in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad. Getting into BITS is not an easy task as well. For proper guidance and resources you need to log into Embibe, it will equip you with all the necessary requisites required to crack the exam.